Discover Salesforce Fundamentals to Support Your Business - BSX-101, 10 May 2021, Virtual
The Discover Salesforce Fundamentals to Support Your Business course will provide you with an understanding of what’s possible with the Salesforce platform, its specific applications, and their business values and benefits. You will be given an overview of the Salesforce Clouds and how they integrate and interconnect. By learning the features and processes of the platform, you will be able to more effectively support day-to-day Salesforce business operations within your organisation. Through three days of interactive lectures, discussions, and hands-on exercises, you will learn to recognize the important elements of the implementation lifecycle, the key considerations to drive user adoption, and the important components of ongoing management of your Salesforce environment.
Who should take this course?
The Discover Salesforce Fundamentals to Support Your Business has been developed specifically for the business “user”—the people who need to learn what’s possible with Salesforce functionality across the suite of products, but aren’t necessarily responsible for managing the application. The course is ideal for roles such as Customer Services Manager, Business Executive, Business Operations, Sales Operations Manager, or any other operations, management, or process analysis “super users” that need to fully understand the business value of the Salesforce platform.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the primary business value of each major Salesforce Cloud.
- Manage users and data.
- Manage basic org configuration.
- Create email templates.
- Create reports and dashboards.
- Apply and champion Chatter.
- Understand the Salesforce implementation and maintenance lifecycle.
- Extend Salesforce functionality beyond basic configuration.
Lessons and Topics
- How Salesforce Works
- Salesforce Applications
- Salesforce Organization
Data Access and Security
- Controlling Org Access
- Managing Who Views and Modifies Objects
- Unlocking Access to Records
- Sharing Access to Records
- Locking Down Individual Fields
User Management and Troubleshooting
- Creating New Users
- Troubleshoot Login, Record Access, and Field Visibility Issues
- Thinking About Your Implementation
- Custom Fields, Picklists, Page Layouts, and Record Types
- Creating Email Templates
Automate Business Processes
- Validation Rules
- Assignment and Escalation Rules
- Web-to-Lead and Entitlements
- Lightning Process Builder and Workflow
- Approval Processes and Visual Workflow
Report on Your Data
- Reports Tab, Folders, and Formats
- Using the Report Builder
- Summarize Your Data
Using Reported Data
- Getting More Insight From Your Data
- Your Analytics Strategy
- Chatter, Groups, and Communities
- Chatter Answers and Ideas
- Making Salesforce Part of Your Day
- Data Migration Strategy
- Data Quality
- Driving Salesforce Implementation
- Custom Objects, Apps, and the Salesforce AppExchange
- Build It Yourself
Wrap Up and Certification
- Certification Process and Resources