Build CPQ Solutions for Industries - IPQ435, 11 July 2022, Virtual
Explore how to develop Configure, Price, Quote (CPQ) solutions using Industries CPQ. In this class, our Industries CPQ experts will show you how to configure CPQ solutions that ensure your customers get the right products and the right prices at the right time. You’ll learn how to set up and manage products and prices, leverage promotions and rules to drive action, and build a guided experience declaratively using Industries Digital Commerce and CPQ APIs.
Note: This class focuses on Industries CPQ, previously known as Vlocity CPQ, and does not cover Salesforce CPQ.
Who should take this course?
This class is ideal for Salesforce Certified Administrators and Platform Developers responsible for developing and managing Industries CPQ applications, including catalogs and pricing. It’s also designed for solution architects and technical architects looking to understand the full capabilities of Industries CPQ in order to formulate industry-specific solutions. This class is also a great foundation builder for anyone looking to earn the Salesforce Certified Industries CPQ Developer credential.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Create “perfect” orders using order capture and asset-based ordering functionality.
- Define products and product bundles in the shared catalog.
- Use pricing components to support simple and complex pricing strategies.
- Create promotions and discounts to adjust pricing for a limited time.
- Use rules to ensure the right products are available to the right customers at the right price.
- Build ordering and quoting solutions using Industries Digital Commerce & CPQ APIs.
Lessons and Topics
- Explore Communications, Media, and Energy and Utilities Clouds and Industries CPQ
- Understand the Industries CME Data Model
- Create and Configure Orders Using the Cart
- Work with MACD and ABO Orders
- Cancel an Order
- Create Orders with Non-Assetizable Products
- Configure Data Movement Across Line Items Using Field Mapper
Enterprise Product Catalog
- Create Attributes and Picklists
- Create Object Types and Learn Inheritance Architecture
- Create Products
- Set Product Attribute Metadata and Override Attribute Defaults
- Create Product Bundles and Define Product Cardinality
- Work with Product Lifecycle Dates
- Manage the Shared Catalog’s Platform Cache
- Configure One-Time and Recurring Prices
- Define Price Lists and Child Price Lists
- Implement Base and Bundled Prices
- Configure Time Plans and Policies
- Configure Advanced Pricing Strategies such as Attribute-Based Pricing and Usage Pricing
Promotions and Discounts
- Determine the Difference Between Products, Product Bundles, and Promotions
- Compare Pricing Adjustments and Overrides
- Create Promotions for Existing Products
- Adjust Prices and Time Plans
- Create Contextual Discounts for Orders, Accounts, and Contracts
- Identify the Best Type of Pricing Adjustment Given a Scenario
- Build Context Rules Components
- Create and Apply Context Rules to Products, Promotions, Price Lists, and Price List Entries
- Create Product Relationships to Recommend, Exclude, or Require other Products
- Create Advanced Rules to Modify Product Attributes During Order Capture
- Create Advanced Rules to Auto-Add Products to the Cart
- Identify the Best Type of Rule to Use Given a Scenario
- Customize a Guided LWC Interaction for Purchasing Products
- Explore Industries Digital Commerce LWC, SDK, and Cacheable APIs
- Learn About CpqAppHandler Service, Its Methods, and Cart-Based APIs